Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Are You Ready for Old Age?

As I get closer to my federal retirement age, I start to look at some things that could affect the next 20 to 30 years of life. One of the most important priorities is my health and my ability to enjoy life as I become a senior citizen.

Often, we think of retirement planning is a financial concern, however, it goes further! Baby boomers, one of the largest group of people heading towards retirement, will have to address what they have to accomplish to live strong and healthy vs. what they can accomplish if they are not. Boomers live longer which means they may need more than just a health insurance policy.

Along with increased longevity comes a greater probability of eventually requiring some type of long-term care assistance. As people age, the chance of developing a chronic condition or physical or cognitive disability for which they will require assistance increases significantly. According to one study, 70 percent of all Americans over age 65 will require some long-term care services at some point in their lives, while over 40 percent will need care in a nursing home for some period of time (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care Information, 2013).

So, I'm sure no one plans to be ill any more than they plan to be broke. I like to take the path of prevention and do the most I can to stay healthy as possible since I have no interest in being a pill bottle on legs!

My daily routine using Youngevity International's Healthy Start Pak :includes two scoops of BTT in 24 ozs. of water, 2 EFA Plus, 1 oz. OsteoFx and an antioxidant (usually SaXi Super Juice). This is a very basic routine, however, it gives me the nutrition 115 fruits &veggies, magnesium & calcium for overall good health, antioxidants for clearing free radicals!

What's your plan to get ready for old age? I recommend you pop over to my site and get your Health Start Pak to make sure you can enjoy the rest of your life!

Any questions or comments are welcome! You can hit me on Facebook: Live Healthy Live Wealthy.

Peace, Love & Abundance!


No comments:

Post a Comment